Thursday, September 16, 2010

Fall wishlist.

Being no longer a working woman, I wear about 1/4 of my clothes and 1/8 of my shoes now. It's time for my wardrobe to slowly make the transition that my life has made. And since all good things arise from lists, here is a back-to-school wishlist:

1. J. Crew Cashmere Slouchy Sweater. I like the idea of being able to throw this on in the morning when I'm running late and still look somewhat polished, and I can probably wear this at least 7 months out of the year.



2. TOMS Natural Canvas Shoes in Grey. The hippie in me actually likes the way these look. Let's hope the day that I start liking the way those "nurse clogs" look is a day that never comes.



3. Marc Jacobs Court Cards Ring. I'm not a big ring person, but how cute is this?



4. Frye Campus Boot in Saddle. The next pair of boots I buy will be Frye. I know I will look like I'm ready to go work on a farm, but that's the point.



5. Rugby Baldwin Piped Tweed Jacket. Ignore the rest of her dumb outfit, but that jacket is lust worthy. I like everything about it: the texture, the trimming, the crest, the shape, the small lapels.



6. Gap Jeans. All my jeans are skinny, because they fit better into boots (ironic - you would think BOOTcut would fit better), but I'm growing tired of just one style. Has anyone tried the new Gap jeans that are supposed to fit better? I for one am swayed by their advertising.


7. Anthropologie Transcendent Encounter Chemise. This is the perfect sweet and romantic nightdress, and would make me look forward to going to bed every night (like I need more incentive). They also have very enticing robes on the website, not that I've worn a robe since I was six.



8. Land's End Sidney Long Down Coat. This is really for practical reasons only.



9. Lululemon Define Jacket. Sometimes I will put on sporty clothes just to not feel like a bum.



10. Michael Kors Astor Satchel. I really like a good-sized bag, in a neutral color, with hardware details, so this is pretty much perfect.

4 comments:

Laura D said...

1. Ok
2. Hate. Time to kill that hippie.
3. also not a big ring person
4. If i don't buy any boots this year, i'm allowed to get a pair of Fryes next year, right? WANT.
5. Like the trim!
6. well, you can find out if the ads are real in the dressing room. They certainly look good! But I really like you in skinny jeans.
7. gorgeous. also i think i want a robe
8. hahahhaha. black?
9-10. good luck affording those! actually that goes for the whole list. you are going to have to say no to pb&j--and just eat bread for a while.

Unknown said...

Ther, I love the MJ rings. I'm not a ring person but I'm starting to reconsider jewelry. It gives you the put-together look that says, "this is not a phase."

I miss J. Crew so bad. They won't ship to France, and netaporter.com started carrying them, but only the button-ups.

The new Gap jeans fit great. But I'm weirdly shaped, so I don't know if that applies to everyone. I also think you look great in skinny.

And for the record, 'boot-cut' means they're supposed to fit over your boots, not into them!

tortuemaniac said...

Wow, the bootcut clarification is comparable to the time I learned that there was actually no such thing as an uggwalla bear.

I will probably not get anything else on the list except for the toms (too bad Laura), the jeans, and the coat (maybe brown instead of black?). One can dream though.

Jacquie said...

I was going to say... I wish I could afford a back-to-school shopping list! Luckily I went to Freeport when I was back in Maine for the family stuff and all the fall clothes were in! I got some great cardigan sweaters (with the freakish heat and the high A/C one needs layers in NC)and an adorable plum-colored cropped blazer from Banana. *swoon* I think as a "professor" now I have every right to splurge a little on nice clothes... it's in the job description, right?